Development of a Municipal Metropolitan Medical Response System (MMRS)
The Metropolitan Medical Response System (MMRS) is an enhanced local health and medical response system that addresses the special requirements in response to terrorist incidents and other public health emergencies.
- Integrated medical response system
- Detailed system response & operations plans
- Specially trained responders at all levels
- Specialized response equipment
- Specialized medical equipment and pharmaceutical cache
- Enhanced medical transport and treatment capabilities
We believe that a Municipal Metropolitan Medical Response System (MMRS) should be developed as part of a Comprehensive Emergency Management Program (CEMP.) We are experienced at guiding local jurisdictions through this process and crafting the required MMRS deliverables.
Working closely with the local emergency manager, All Hands will provide staff and expertise to develop the following MMRS deliverables:
- A Steering Committee is created Inviting all appropriate MMRS stake -holders Close communication is required beginning with a Project Officer meeting.
- A MMRS Development Plan.
- A basic MMRS plan.
- A standard operating procedure (SOP), as a component of the MMRS Plan, for the forward movement of patients to other areas of the region.
- A SOP, as a component of the MMRS Plan, for responding to and managing the health consequences of a WMD incident.
- A SOP, as a component of the MMRS Plan, for MMST capability.
- A SOP, as a component of the MMRS Plan, for managing the health consequences of a biological WMD.
- A SOP, as a component of the MMRS Plan, for the local hospital and health care system.
- A training plan for the MMRS.
- A MMRS Pharmaceutical and Equipment Plan.
In addition, in support of the MMRS program, All Hands will:
- Perform a review of current emergency management plans for managing a WMD event and identify areas for improvement.
- Perform a retrospective review of the current response capabilities for public service agencies, public health, and the medical community and identify areas for improvements.
- Assist with forming and sustaining the local MMRS Working (Steering) Group and the MMRS Advisory Council.